Friday, June 26, 2009

Get a Grip

I love good deals. When I read them on someone's blog I want to run to the store and grab it before it's gone. But lately I have been so unhappy with my game plan. I walk away from the store having only spent a few dollars but the trip was unplanned. Often I buy something I don't need.

A good example was tonight. I was reading a couple of blogs about getting ice cream for only .50 and another had a curling iron for only 1.99. I was ready to grab my purse and head to the stores.

But my "quick trips" were defeating the purpose of my frugal shopping. I hate it when I lose a coupon or I bought something I didn't need. And yet I have been making all these quick trips for super duper items. But it adds up.

So here is my advice. By the way I am writing this post more for myself than anyone else. But thought it might help someone along the way.
  • Stick to my budget
  • Don't blow all my money for the week in two days! I always over spend when I do that
  • Look over the grocery deals and other deals and plan around it
  • If I have a little money left in my budget stock up on a super great deal otherwise let it go!
  • If there isn't a great deal hold on to those extra bucks for the next week
  • There will always be another sale!
Whew! Glad I reminded myself of those things. Hope that might help any of you who are trying to save money and stay on budget.

3 comments:

  1. I noticed you enjoy the art of saving money, so I wanted to quickly tell you about my website BOGOfetcher.com:
    You can get local BOGO (Buy One, Get One) deals emailed to you weekly from www.BOGOfetcher.com! Over 90 nearby grocery stores, more than 15 neighborhood pharmacies, plus the shoe stores, fast food and other places you already shop have amazing bargains you can receive weekly, at no cost. No personal info is required other than your email address, city and state so we can send you the BOGOs in your area. You can even do a local search without signing up using the “Find BOGOs” tab! After that the BOGO's will begin to roll in. And simply unsubscribe if you’re not satisfied. http://bogofetcher.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been known to do that. My biggest problem is I love to browse at EVERYTHING> It drives my family nuts. It takes me 20 minutes to get 2 things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Amy, this is so cool! What a great resource you are for saving :)!

    ReplyDelete