Thursday, June 25, 2009

Fun for the kids without the expense

This afternoon the wind really picked up and it started to rain. That meant the kids had to come inside to play. For fun I thought they could play with the playdough. Unfortunately it was all dried up. Do I go to the store? Maybe I could think of something else for them to do.

Instead I decided to google playdough recipes. For just a few cents the kids had a great time. I am so glad I thought to do that. If I had gone to the store it would have cost a lot more. I would have bought the playdough plus the gas, the time and the extra little things I would have thrown into the basket on my trip.

Homemade Playdough Recipe:

1 cup flour

1 cup of water
1/2 cup of salt
2 tablespoons cream of tarter ( I only had 1 Tbsp. and it still turned out great)
1 tablespoon of oil
Add food coloring if you like

Cook the ingredients on medium heat. Make sure you stir continually so it doesn't get lumpy. Keep stirring until it forms a ball or clump in the pan. Make sure you don't over-do it. I stopped when it seemed pasty but still moist. When done store new playdough in the fridge in an air tight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment