Thursday, June 4, 2009

Beans...A great idea


My goal this year is to work towards using more items I can store in my food storage. I also want it to be healthy and low-fat.

I have been trying to incorporate beans into our meals more often. I have several bags of beans in my food storage and have never used them.

In fact anytime I have needed beans I have used canned beans. My friend told me she never uses canned beans. So on a day I was going to be home for awhile I cooked up some dry beans on the stove. I thought they tasted so much better.

That night our chicken tacos had a lot of beans in it. My daughter hates beans but I made her try it. She liked them! That is saying a lot because she turns her nose up to most of what I cook. They were better tasting than any canned beans I have ever had.

They cost so much less than canned beans. They also freeze well so I can use them for later meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment