Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Bread Machines are not Worthless

Have a bread machine collecting dust or space? Well don't throw it away just yet. I don't have a Bosch or Kitchenaid (yet) but I discovered some of the possibilities of my bread maker.

I have tried to make bread in my bread maker and hated it. The crust is thick plus a third of your loaf is kind of odd due to the hole from the kneading arm. Then I discovered the dough setting. It is great!

The biggest draw back for me to make bread is time and mess. My bread machine does all the work. You just dump the ingredients in the machine (it does have to be in a certain order) and it mixes it, kneads it and raises it for me. I just take it out and put it in the pan.

I have tried bread, pizza dough and roll dough so far. Tonight it saved me $15. I wanted pizza but didn't want all the work.

So I put my ingredients in my bread maker and let it do the work for me. I pulled out my pre-shredded cheese, my pepperoni, sliced olives and sauce. Voila! Papa Murphy's will not get my business tonight.

Later I will post some of my favorite recipes to use in your bread maker. Don't have a bread machine? I see them all the time at yard sales for about $5. Can't wait for yard sale season? Check the thrifty stores or KSL Classifieds. But I wouldn't spend more then $10 or $15 for one.

No comments:

Post a Comment