Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The Extra Work

For me I love my "Master Grocery List" I make for myself every week. It really helps instead of printing off every list fromPYP list plus I look at a few other blogs and have signed up for another company that compiles grocery deals. I just thought I would save you the hassle of doing that too. We each have our system or are working on a system that works for us. And this might help you.

You may have also noticed I have started cutting down on how much info I include about coupons. That was the biggest step weighing me down because I was re-typing so much info.

If you are a couponer then you have already clipped your coupons or you just need to know where to look them up. So I have done away with listing amounts and expiration dates. Also I make a note about a printable link so I will go back and visit PYP or whoever's website so I won't forget to print my coupon later.

New to coupon world? When listing coupon info I started abbreviating to save time and most of us deal bloggers abbreviate so here are a few abbreviations you will see all the time:
  • PYP- Pinching your Pennies.com A free website that compiles shopping lists together and coupons to go with them.
  • Printable- Coupons that you can print from your computer. However you will have to install a coupon printer onto your computer for the first time. It's easy. It will walk you through it.
  • RP/SS- Each week in your paper you will receive coupon inserts. On the front of one it will say SmartSource or RedPlum and sometimes another insert such as Proctor and Gamble, etc. But almost always you will have SS or RP. So I abbreviate and tell you which Sunday the coupons were in and which insert to look in.
Don't have time to clip all those coupons? Just file them by date. Then it's just a matter of pulling that file to cut the coupons you need.

Hope that info helps on what I am doing on my blog.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Amy for all the hard work that you do for us!! Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete