Friday, September 17, 2010

Simple Crock Pot Chicken


Simple Crock pot Chicken -
**The picture is deceiving.  You can't ever get it to come out of the crock pot whole.  It is so tender it just falls apart.**

Whole Chicken
1 Whole Onion
2-3 Whole Garlic Cloves
Salt & Pepper

Recipe is best if you cook in crock pot on low for at least 8 hours.  Skin your chicken.  The skinning part is gross but it is so much better than your chicken swimming in fat.  Once the chicken is skinned and rinsed you are ready.  Cut your onion in half and put in the cavity of the chicken.  Shove the garlic cloves in there as well.  Rub the chicken all over with salt and pepper.  I use about one and a half teaspoons of salt on a good sized chicken.  I then generously sprinkle pepper all over.

I always spray my crock pot with non-stick cooking spray for easy clean up.  I lay the chicken in the crock put, breasts down and that's it.  Once cooked, your chicken will literally fall apart as you take it out.  So have your serving dish ready.  I then strain the liquid in the crock pot and use it for gravy for the mashed potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment