Thursday, April 1, 2010

Shredded BBQ Beef and Bean Sandwiches

Shredded BBQ Beef and Bean Sandwiches
From A Year of Slow Cooking
 
--3 pound chuck roast (mine was frozen solid)
--1 yellow onion, sliced in rings
--3 cloves chopped garlic
--1 can (16.5 oz) barbecue baked beans
--2 T water
--1/4 cup prepared barbecue sauce (this wasn't in the picture, because I needed to go get some, and wanted the meat to start cooking)
--cheese, optional
--jalapeno slices, optional

The Directions.

You will need at least a 4 quart crockpot for this meal.

All I did was run the meat under hot water to separate it from the plastic bag. I plopped it into the crockpot, and turned it on low to begin to warm while I cut the onion and garlic. After I added them, I poured the contents of the bean can over the meat. Although Becky didn't, I added about 2 T of water to the bean can and squished it around with a fork to get the remaining beans and bbq slime.

Add barbecue sauce.

Cover and cook on low for 8-12 hours, or until meat shreds easily with a fork. I plugged our meat in at 5 am (I know. I was up early.) and we ate it 12 hours later.

Serve on rolls, buns, rice cakes, or over rice. Add slices of your favorite cheese and sliced jalapenos.

No comments:

Post a Comment