Monday, October 26, 2009

Low Cost Christmas

Here I am writing another post on Christmas spending. I am thinking about it because Halloween is this Saturday and after that it suddenly is the start of the holiday season.

Can I just say I hate those things at the store that have a count down of how many shopping days are left until Christmas. Those things are put there so we feel a panic that we have to spend, spend, spend or Christmas will be here and everyone will be disappointed because we didn't get them everything they wanted.

It is hard for me not to worry that Christmas won't be perfect because once again we don't have as much money as I would like to spend on presents. I worry that the stockings won't be full enough. Or under the tree will look bare without enough presents.

I start feeling deprived because I can't take advantage of all those super sales that are starting. If I think to much about it I get myself down. I start dreading Christmas instead of looking forward to it.

I decided to give myself some advice that I give my children about friends. If my children have friends that turn their nose up at where we live or what kind of car we drive I say those are not good friends. If my children turn their noses up at what they are given on Christmas or think they have not been given enough I say they need an attitude adjustement (let me just say they have never done that, yet).

I thought it would be fun to start listing some free or low cost traditions we do that make Christmas, Christmas. And I hope to get feedback from you too. If I asked you to list five gifts you received last year can you think of them? I know I could list maybe two but everything else if fluff.

Can you think of five things you did at Christmas time that made Christmas, Christmas? Let's make a list of all the fun free or low cost ideas we have that make Christmas, Christmas.

So this little list I will keep going until Thanksgiving. At the end I will hold a drawing and give away a little gift to three people who commented or posted a Christmas idea. Each time you comment or make a suggestion your name will entered into the drawing. You can email me or make a comment on our Low Cost Christmas List and your name will be entered into the drawing. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment