Friday, November 16, 2012

Pecan Candied Yams

Candied yams, yuck. I hate yams from a can that have some marshmallows thrown on top. I remember scraping the marshmallows off and leaving the yams.  But this recipe changed me and my family's opinion about candied yams (yes even my children). This recipe has become one of the most requested dishes at our Thanksgiving feast.
Pecan Yams

6 c. yams or sweet potatoes (cooked and cut into bite size pieces)
2 c. sugar
1/2 c butter, melted
4 eggs, well beaten
2 tsp vanilla
2/3 c. canned milk

Place yams or sweet potatoes in 9 x 13 pan.  Mix other ingredients together and pour over the yams.

Topping:

1 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. flour
5 T butter, softened
1 c. pecan pieces

Mix ingredients together until it forms a crumbly topping, sprinkle over yams.

Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes until bubbly.  During last 5 minutes you can sprinkle marshmallows on top and cooked until toasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment