Friday, June 18, 2010

Hogle Zoo discounts

It's summer time and I thought taking the kids to the zoo would be a great idea.  Then I checked out the pricing. Adults are $10 and children are $7.  Ouch!  I was taking 11 children with me.  That activity would cost me almost $90! So how much did I pay for my big group? I only paid $36.00.  After much research here are some ways to save on your visit:

Cache Valley Cheese = Free admission!  All you have to do is purchase 4 packages of Cache Valley cheese or butter and take the wrappers with you to the ticket window and you will receive a free admission (up to 4 free admissions)!

Walmart has Cache Valley butter for 2.12 a pound (price may vary by region).  With coupon the butter costs  only 1.57!  That's a better price on butter than anywhere around plus with four Cache Valley wrappers you get a free admission.  Not the individual bars of butter but the 1 pound packaging wrapper.  Luckily butter freezes well so I was able to boost my food storage and get a great price on butter.

Wal-Mart has sliced Cache Valley cheese on roll-back for only $1.94.  Plus you can use the $.55 off coupon from the 4/25 SS or SS 5/23 and get it for $1.44 a package.  Cheese freezes well so there is another great deal.

To see all of the details on the Cache Valley Cheese Freebies offer, go here.  **There are restrictions on the days you can use the free tickets!  So, please read them!

Dr. Pepper or Diet Dr. Pepper cans that feature the exclusive “Baby Zuri” can panel offer – bring the can to the Zoo – and if you Buy One Regularly Priced Adult Ticket, you’ll Receive a Child’s Ticket FREE.  Offer expires:  September 3, 2010.

I bought a 24 pack of Diet Dr Pepper at Walmart for $5 and the cans inside had the special mark.  There was nothing on the outside box that let me know that so it was a risk I took so I could get the discount.  Need a couple cans?  You are welcome to my leftover cans if you are planning a zoo trip.

Need an oil change?  Another way to save is Jiffy Lube's Summer Blast Pass.  It has one  “Buy One Adult, Get A Child Ticket FREE” Hogle Zoo admission discount offer.  The only way to get the pass is with their lube service.  If you have the service done before 10 am you can get it for as low as $30.  Discount admission offer expires:  September 30, 2010.

Pick up a Foothill Cultural District brochure at any Utah lodging facility or visitor’s center or you can print it from here (it's on page 4). The coupon inside is good for $1 off any regular-priced Hogle Zoo daytime admission and is good for up to 6 people. Please present coupon to ticket window. Not valid with any other offers. Expires July 31, 2010.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment