Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Salmon Splurge..Mmmm..

This week I splurged and bought salmon.  My sister in law gave me this awesome recipe and when I saw the beautiful salmon at Costco, I gave in. Dang Costco. I always buy a few things I didn't plan on there and my budget really hurts from those splurges.

I feel fish is one area you can't skimp on quality.   I have given in a couple of times and bought super cheap fish and I always regret it.  It tastes so fishy when I bake it.  I stopped wasting my money on yucky fish that my family won't eat and always stick to the good stuff.  So I have to share my favorite recipe for salmon.  It is great on salmon if you BBQ  or bake it in the oven.

Salmon Glaze:
(This makes enough for a large portion of salmon 1-2 pounds)

4 Tbsp butter, melted
2-4 Tbsp soy sauce
1/2 c. brown sugar

Bake salmon at 375 for 10 minutes.  Then pour glaze over top of salmon.  You can cut a few slits in the salmon to help the glaze seep in.  Bake an additional 10 minutes until salmon is done.  Serve with rice.  Glaze is great to spoon over rice.

If you are BBQ it, use a piece of foil and fold up edges to prevent the glaze from pouring off.

No comments:

Post a Comment