Thursday, December 3, 2009

Trying Not to Eat Out

Eating out is always a tempation for me. There is no cooking or clean up involved and you have an entire menu of items to select from. Another thing I find is I often don't feel like eating what I planned on cooking that night. December is harder than other month's because it is so busy. Yet money is even tighter because of Christmas and so eating out should be a definite no.

So how to fight the urge to eat out? I guess I was bored of the same old things I make. I thought maybe if I tried some new recipes, but they had to be kid friendly too it would help my want to eat out. Another factor was time. Some days, okay many days by dinnertime I am tired and don't want to be cooking.

Well I have found two blogs that I love their food. It has a great variety and the recipes don't use weird food.

The First blog is My Kitchen Cafe. The recipes I have tried from this blog have been big hits! These are for days you feel like cooking.

The Second is A Year of Slow Cooking. This are good too. These are for days you don't want to cook. If I take a few minutes in the morning then dinner is done for me by 6:00.

In browsing PYP website I found an article that has given me a boost in my efforts to cook more and stay away from the store more. If you would like to read it click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment